Friday, March 17, 2017

Almost there

My cough is easing, my endurance and energy are improving, and overall I feel much better than I did a couple weeks ago. My pulmonary function numbers, however, barely moved. We didn’t really expect them to though, since the same thing happened in December: I got significant symptom relief, but limited pulmonary function improvement. We’re going to do one more week of antibiotics to solidify things, and then start working on long-term plans. The first step is seeing whether I maintain my health once the antibiotics are stopped, or if I fall apart as quickly as I did last time. I’m hopeful that I’ll do better this time as long as I don’t catch another cold like I did in January. So if you have any respiratory infections, please stay away from me!

I need to stay on the anticoagulant for another month once the PICC line is pulled to make sure I don’t get another clot, and then we’re going to work on treating the aspergillus and seeing whether that makes any difference in my pulmonary function. Here’s hoping I can keep it together until then, and that aspergillus is actually the culprit so that I’ll see improvement once it’s treated!

No comments:

Post a Comment