Thursday, January 11, 2018

Finally!

Progress at last!

At my appointment on Wednesday my FEV1 FINALLY inched up a couple percentage points. More significantly, my symptoms continued improving. My congestion level seems to be back to baseline, I’m a little less short of breath, and my appetite and energy levels are starting to pick up. We think the IV antibiotics have done about all they can for this round, and the rest will be waiting for my lungs to finish healing from post-viral symptoms and working to rebuild my strength in pulmonary rehab. And of course, trying to avoid catching any more respiratory viruses! I’m finishing out my antibiotic doses through tonight, and then I’ll de-access the port myself and enjoy my long-awaited freedom.

Speaking of pulmonary rehab, though I still have a long way to go, I already showed progress from Monday to Wednesday. I was able to manage a couple more exercises, and my heartrate didn’t go as high. Hopefully things will continue progressing faster than I expected!

It’s been a long haul, but I am very grateful to finally move on and hopefully return to some semblance of normalcy!

1 comment: