Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy birthday to me!

Turning 40 is a big milestone for anyone, but when you have Cystic Fibrosis it’s nothing short of a miracle. When I was a kid they didn’t think I’d live to graduate high school, much less see my 40th birthday! I don’t know how I’ve merited to still be standing when so many others have fallen. I am so very grateful for every single year, and will always proudly proclaim my age and celebrate every victorious birthday!

On Sunday I had a massive blowout bash to celebrate this amazing milestone. I didn’t have a specific guest list, I just kind of threw the invitation to the winds for anyone who wanted to share in my joy. And before I knew it, almost 90 people had RSVPed! I was absolutely blown away by the turnout and with how far people traveled just to celebrate with me for a few hours. It was a completely amazing day and I loved every second of it! I only wish I had more time to catch up with everyone there!

There’s a gallery of beautiful professional photos available at www.artofamoment.com/p340748368I also created a collaborative photo gallery at lifebox.mobi/S3fZncaTX9f1NyI1I6LkQccFKBaGX2ZVirGO30NKvVuDV0OSGKt5W2EfWftHBKzx. If you were at the party, please upload your photos so I can collect as many scenes and memories from that wonderful day as possible!

For anyone who missed it or wants to hear it again, here’s the video of my little pre-cake cutting birthday speech. Apparently people seem to think I’m inspiring or something, so I figured I should maintain my reputation with some appropriate words of wisdom. I think it pretty much sums up the way I try to live my life, and I hope others can gain something from my perspective.

Thank you everyone for making my birthday amazing! I am so grateful that my life is filled with so much love and so many wonderful people!!


No comments:

Post a Comment