Friday, March 12, 2021

Covid shot #1!

I got my 1st Covid shot! Thank you Frank for helping me get on the waiting list at Rite Aid so I don't have to wait another 1-2 months for an appointment! They had some no shows today and needed to use the doses before they expired, so I was able to jump in for a last minute appointment. The perks of being disabled and having an open schedule!

Getting vaccinated won't actually change how I live my life, since we have no clue how effective the vaccine will even be for me. Vaccines work by creating an immune response, and that's something my body doesn't do well since I'm immunosuppressed. I'll still need to be extremely cautious since it's likely I'll remain very susceptible to the virus. My vaccine definitely won't be 95% effective, but hopefully it'll do SOMETHING, and something is better than nothing.

What I really need is for Katherine to get vaccinated, but unfortunately living with a high risk person is not a qualifying condition here. She's stuck at the bottom of the list with all the other young, healthy people.

But even with all the caveats, this is very good and exciting news! I'm very grateful, and I'm hopeful that we're finally inching our way closer to normalcy!





No comments:

Post a Comment