Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Still climbing

I had a follow up appointment today. The good news is that my lung function is definitely improving. The bad news is that it’s improving very slowly. So instead of being set free from IVs as I had hoped, we’re running another week of antibiotics. Sigh.

I’ve somehow been pretty Zen about the whole thing so far, but tonight I started feeling a little trapped as I wondered what to do about Shabbos this week. Someone had called earlier in the day and offered to bring me food, but I wasn’t sure what to do about company, or whether I can manage getting out for a meal. Just when I was starting to feel down, however, a friend called and asked if she could join me for Shabbos lunch. And just like that, I have Shabbos plans. Thank you Hashem for sending me just what I needed right when I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment