Friday, January 22, 2016

Back to the hospital

My lung functions have been hovering on the borderline for the last month or so, but I've been hanging on. This week, however, I seem to have come down with something, and that pushed me right over the edge. My oxygen level and spirometry numbers are down, and the slightest exertion has me panting. What with snowpocalypse coming, my doctor doesn't want to risk having things go downhill after I'm snowed in, so this afternoon I'll be off to Presbyterian Medical Center in Philly for a "tune up." Fortunately I don’t feel anywhere near as terrible as I did back in 2014, so hopefully it will be a much easier hospitalization and recovery.

I’m honestly not surprised. I’ve been averaging a “tune up” about every 6 months lately, so I’ve been waiting for the next round back in the boxing ring with CF. It would’ve been nice if wasn’t the one and only weekend when absolutely no one will be able to visit me though. I’m also super disappointed to miss out on Panoply with my awesome team! I suppose breathing comes first though.

One of my NCSY advisors (you know who you are!) used to love the analogy of life as an EKG. The EKG is made of ups and downs, and you need both of them to live. My good news last month was an up, and now I’m in a down, and hopefully soon will be yet another up. B”H that I have the zechus of being here to keep experiencing both the ups and the downs!

No comments:

Post a Comment