Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snowpocalypse at Presby

Thank you for all the likes, comments, emails, texts, and phone calls! They definitely make me feel loved!! Special thanks to Frank D'Amico, who braved Shoprite hours before the snowstorm, Rachel Uderman Klein, who reached out to and connected me with Chabad of Penn, and Rabbi Levin from Chabad of Penn, who made sure I had delicious food for Shabbos.

Hospitalization was definitely the right call. Last night I was a bit of a fever-and-chills, body aching mess. Fortunately I’ve been fever-free today and feeling a bit better. I’m on supplemental oxygen, which is definitely reducing the strain on my body and making me feel more comfortable. I’m also receiving hydration via IV 24 hours a day, which has helped loosen up the junk in my lungs and made it easier to clear out. And nebulizers and prednisone and IV antibiotics, oh my! I’m usually hospitalized a minimum of 7-10 days, but in the last year and a half I’ve been slower to respond to treatment, so it may be 2-3 weeks. I’m thinking 2 weeks is the most likely. Anyone wanna start a betting pool? 

It was actually kind of comforting being in a medically safe space while watching the storm spend its fury outside my window. The ice also froze into interesting patterns, so I have decorative window art courtesy of mother nature. I hope it’s still there tomorrow so I can take a picture!

B”H I’m feeling MUCH stronger than the last time I was hospitalized in Sept-Oct 2014. I’m very appreciative of the fact that I’m alert and have some energy. I even took a couple (slow) (brief) walks around the unit today. And visitors are definitely welcome! With the caveat that I nap at random times, and have nebulizers and chest PT 4 times a day, so I’m never entirely sure when I’ll be available to socialize. Also, no perfumes, or flowers, or anyone with a cold or any other respiratory illnesses please!

No comments:

Post a Comment