Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Progress

Just got back from the doctor, and thankfully the hydration seems to be doing the trick. After a week of IV fluids my pulmonary function tests showed significant improvement, so it looks like we won’t need to bust out the big guns (IV antibiotics) this time around. Yay! I still have room for further improvement though, so we’re keeping me on IV fluids for the next 2 weeks. Less yay, but manageable.

I spent most of the week in a barely functional haze of exhaustion and shortness of breath, but I’ve been feeling more comfortable and alert over the last few days, for which I am extremely grateful. Hopefully I’ll continue improving until I actually have the energy to be annoyed about being tied to an IV pole for most of the day. Having enough energy to get bored and be irritated with limitations is a definite sign of improvement.

That being said, I’m feeling more up for visitors, if anyone is looking for low-key adventuring. Especially if you want to push me around town in a wheelchair on a Pokemon collecting scavenger hunt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment