Thursday, February 8, 2018

Almost there!

We’ve reintroduced two of my nebulizer meds and things are going well, so as long as I remain drama-free overnight I’ll be able to go home tomorrow. It’s tricky, because on the one hand they want to hold off on meds and treatments that might irritate my fragile airways, but on the other hand I need those treatments to clear out mucus and prevent infection. I actually started to get more congested after just two days off my regular treatment regimen. I’m still withholding some treatments until at least Sunday to give everything more time to heal, but I’m already feeling better with the two meds we added back in. I’ll be on an IV antibiotic and fluids for the next week to reduce and prevent infection, and I definitely need to take it easy and be careful for the next few days, but I am very much looking forward finishing things up in the comfort of my own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment