Friday, March 9, 2018

Mystery illness


Thankfully I somehow managed to get through this round without any significant respiratory issues. My fever started being more reasonable by Sunday, and most of this week I’ve only had off-and-on low grade fevers. The upper respiratory irritation is also easing, and honestly it never even got too bad. We still don’t know what I had, as the viral panel came back negative, which only means that it wasn’t one of the typical culprits that they test for. Yay mystery illness! I wouldn’t want to be STANDARD, of course, that would be BORING.

I’m still very fatigued, but since my lungs seem to be doing OK I finished up the IV hydration yesterday. I’m staying on an oral antibiotic though just to make sure everything stays under control.

Overall this went MUCH better than I expected. I’ll gladly take a week of fever with minimal respiratory symptoms over a standard cold or any other respiratory virus! But I will also be glad when the remaining fever finally fades and I get my energy back. I’m tired of being tired!

1 comment:

  1. Geesh, you just had to be different and get some wonky mystery illness! Im glad that it wasn't too awful for you and that you are ok. PS- thank you for sharing these blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete