Friday, December 16, 2016

Progress and Pokemon

Things seem to be moving in the right direction, thankfully. I’ve been having fewer coughing fits, and I’ve noticed more endurance and energy over the last couple days, so the antibiotics seem to be doing the trick. I’ll find out at my follow-up appointment on Monday, where we’ll see how my numbers are after 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and hydration, and decide whether to continue treatment or pull the IV.

I’ve been trying to lay low, what with the whole being hooked to an IV pole multiple times a day thing... BUT laying low isn’t exactly my strong point, so I’ve had an adventure or two. The most notable is that I schlepped out with my afternoon antibiotics, which come in a syringe and a self-infusing medi-ball and therefore don’t need an IV pole, so that I could go… Pokemoning! I went to Camden on Sunday afternoon, and drove around the City Hall/Rutgers/Aquarium area collecting Pokestops and Pokemon. Which of course meant there were various points when I was parked on street corners in Camden, the crime capital of the country, infusing drugs into my arm and looking SUPER SKETCHY. Good times! The important thing though is that I caught LOADS of Pokemon, so it was TOTALLY worth possibly getting mistaken for a drug addict and/or arrested!


I’ve also been working on a durable, marketable version of Pole People. Stay tuned for further developments!


Oh, and I suppose I may as well mention… I finally designed business cards and updated and formalized my Etsy shop, which currently has a few pieces of handmade jewelry for sale. I plan to create and add new jewelry pieces, as well as Pole People if I ever pull together a workable design, and possibly other pieces of art. Feel free to check out and share www.DreamspiredDesigns.etsy.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment