Saturday, May 28, 2022

Goodbye freedom

Well, freedom was fun while it lasted.
 
As local Covid cases continue to increase, so do the precautions I need to take. I already try to avoid crowds, but now it’s even more important since it seems like everyone and their brother has Covid. I also need to be careful about who I’m around, and must be masked when sharing indoor space with anyone, which very much limits my ability to join people for Shabbos and holiday meals. I knew that my low Covid cases window of opportunity wouldn’t last forever, but I did hope it would last a little longer.
 
On the plus side, I’m finally scheduled to get Evusheld next week! Evusheld is a Covid antibody treatment for high-risk individuals who are unlikely to respond adequately to the Covid vaccine. They’ve wanted me to get it for months, but supplies are limited, so Penn has been distributing it to qualifying patients via lottery system. I’m looking forward to finally having more protection and maybe being able to ease up on some restrictions!
 
Another plus is that at least this Covid surge is during the spring/summer so outdoor activities are an option. The winter surge was terrible because there was nothing to do but stay cooped up in the house all day long. This still sucks, but isn’t quite as miserable. Hopefully things will peak and ease off soon so I can return to freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment