Friday, November 23, 2018

Progress at last

Thank G-d I am FINALLY seeing some progress!

Yesterday the doctor said my lungs actually sounded a little worse, which was disheartening. The main problem was “tightness,” inflammation narrowing the airways. I have never been this tight for this long before, particularly while on 40mg of Prednisone. We decided to try upping the Prednisone to 60mg to try to get things under control. I’ve never been on that much Prednisone, but I was glad for anything that might help. I also convinced them to only wake me for a nebulizer once overnight instead of twice, and to cancel checking my vital signs overnight,  so that I could get a little bit more sleep.

Apparently a little sleep and 60mg of Prednisone were exactly what I needed, because I’m feeling significantly better today! I’m actually feeling like a human being for the first time in forever, and the doctor said my airways sound more open. I was also able to bring the supplemental oxygen down to 1 liter today, so I’m ALMOST off it. I’m really appreciating finally feeling awake and alert.

There’s still a lot of congestion, but hopefully I’ll be able to clear it more effectively now that my airways are opening up. I am finally seeing a glimmer of light at the end of this tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment