Thursday, November 15, 2018

Still waiting

Unfortunately I'm still in the ER. HUP is packed with cold and flu craziness, so there aren't many rooms available. To make it even worse, I need a private room to prevent cross infection, and those are in seriously short supply. No clue when they'll finally get me upstairs.
I'm stiff and sore from "sleeping" on an ER stretcher as well as from frequent coughing fits. A chest x-ray showed pneumonia on the left side and heavy congestion on the right side, so we have a lot of work to do. Right now my heart rate skyrockets and my oxygen drops with every coughing fit or any exertion, so that's super fun. I've also been dealing with nausea and stomach pain, because G-d forbid only one system fail at a time. It's been an exhausting 24 hours.
Hopefully they'll get me upstairs soon so I can settle into a room and a solid treatment routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment