Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Enough already!


Oh for %@&#$ sake…

Yesterday I pulled myself together and left the house to run a few brief, low-key errands. I walked slowly in two stores carrying nothing heavier than my purse. I didn’t do anything that should have been overly stressful for my body. But after leaving the second store, before I could make it to my 3rd and final errand, I suddenly started coughing up blood again. So there I was, sitting in my car in a random parking lot, spitting into a cup, hands and face streaked with blood, praying that no one would notice me and freak out. Fortunately I could tell that it wasn’t going to last long, and 3 minutes and 20 mL later it was over.

You know your life is weird when your first reaction to coughing up blood is to be immediately, over-the-top FURIOUS. If I had the energy or lung capacity I would have been swearing at the top of my lungs. Instead I had to be content with raging inside my head and in my text messages to poor Katherine. Since it was a relatively small bleed, once things settled I was able to clean myself up and drive home, and I did not need to go to the hospital. But now I need to once again hold various treatments to avoid causing further irritation to the wound. And apparently I need to basically put myself on house arrest for the rest of the week until I’m more certain that everything has healed.

I’m not really sure how I’m supposed to move or kasher a kitchen when I can’t even lift anything or leave my apartment. It has been an extremely frustrating month, with no end in sight. I’m usually pretty zen about most of this stuff, but my patience is wearing thin, and I am not a happy camper. Here’s hoping this was my lungs’ last hurrah for this round and that I can get back to my bizarro version of normal life soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment