Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Almost there!

B”H I think I have FINALLY turned the corner!

The last couple days I’ve been noticeably less dependent on supplemental oxygen. I’ve mostly been off it while at rest, and haven’t needed as much while walking around. Overall I’m breathing and moving better and have more energy. It seems that the Fancy Restricted Antibiotic is doing the trick!

Today my doctor gave me the best Chanukah present ever by finally talking about DISCHARGE! I still need more treatment, but thankfully I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t need to be in the hospital for it. The plan is to get me back on home IV antibiotics and fluids so I can finish up the Fancy Restricted Antibiotic in the comfort of my own home. I’ll also still need to make sure to do LOTS of extra nebulizers and chest PT to keep working on clearing out the remaining chest congestion. But it’s so much easier to do all that at home instead of in a hospital bed!

The question now is how I end up feeling tomorrow and how long it takes to set up all the home care services. If all goes well, I should hopefully be going home within the next couple days!

I am SO grateful that I will be able to have at least part of Chanukah at home and finally get to light my menorah! Turns out the Fancy Restricted Antibiotic really was my Chanukah miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment