Friday, May 10, 2019

Almost there

As part of the transplant process you get a Lung Allocation Score (LAS) from 1-100, which determines your placement on the list. A higher LAS puts you higher on the list and closer to transplant. When I was discharged, my LAS was 42, which was already decently high. When I went to the ER, it jumped up to 59.

Today, it's 86.

I'm pretty much at the top of the list now. My doctor says the transplant could happen any day, and he's even hopeful that maybe it will be this weekend. Which is great, because I've been having a really rough time. I've continued struggling with nausea and GI issues on top of struggling to breathe. I'm basically bed bound, because the slightest exertion drops my oxygen. I spent most of the last couple days in a haze of discomfort and misery.

Today I was really struggling with feeling like I was suffocating, even when my oxygen levels were ok. Turns out that's a known thing called "air hunger," and it's treated with... Oxycodone. So I'm feeling MUCH better now. I'm fine with just being high until transplant, that absolutely works for me. I feel like that would definitely improve my current quality of life!

Everyone keeps telling me I'm almost there. So I'm hanging on and hoping I get there SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment