Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Steady progress

Things continue moving steadily forward B"H. Yesterday I was able to slowly go up and down a few stairs during my PT session, and today during OT I started working on how to safely walk around, bend down, and pick things up at different heights. Such simple, everyday tasks, but all things I need to re-learn and regain strength in. My appetite is gradually coming back and I'm working towards eating semi decent amounts of solid food. Maybe one day I'll actually manage 3 full meals a day!

Pain continues to be an issue, and mornings are particularly difficult. I take painkillers regularly even overnight, but still have a lot of pain in the morning that doesn't really get under control until the early afternoon. The pain obviously makes it difficult to move around, but it also makes it difficult to breathe, as I can only breathe so deeply before it becomes too painful and I have to stop. Deep breaths are important to fully inflate my new lungs and get them to fill my chest cavity. On the other hand, I can't take too high a dose of pain medication, because that will suppress my breathing. It's very tricky finding a balance. In the afternoon the pain is more controlled, but I'm also more drowsy and out of it from the medication. I seem to have a few good hours in the afternoon and a few good hours in the evening, and can't quite predict when they'll happen. But hopefully as I continue to heal the pain will become less intense and I'll be less dependent on painkillers. Hopefully that will happen soon!

On a different note, remember the lovely family that invited me to join their seder in the hospital? I would greatly appreciate it if you could add them to your prayers. I am fully confident that the numerous people storming the heavens on my behalf has contributed to my amazing recovery, and I would love for some of that energy to help her and her baby as well. Please add Devorah bas Brocha and Tinok ben Devorah bas Brocha (the extra name is because he isn't named yet) to your prayers. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment