Friday, February 25, 2022

Home sweet home!

I’m home! I love my bed and my kitchen! And my partner is pretty great too!! 😄
 
It’s wonderful to be home, but I’m definitely feeling pretty uncomfortable. The dressings came off yesterday, and I was surprised to see that they opened up about half of each transplant incision. So that’s a bunch of stitches on each side and they don’t feel too great, plus another hole where I have the drain dangling out of me. Not too much has been draining out today though so I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to get that removed next week. I kinda feel how I did a couple months after transplant in terms of discomfort. Fortunately this is nowhere near as bad as transplant though since they only had to cut the skin and not the muscles. And the little drain is nothing compared to the 6 huge chest tubes I had after transplant. But it still isn’t fun and I’ll be very glad when things heal up.
 
I’m pretty sure this infection has been bothering me for quite a while without me realizing it. Long after everything should have healed up post-transplant I was still having random pain in my incisions even before the lumps popped up. At the time we thought it was nerve pain, but now I think it might have been the pseudomonas infection randomly flaring up. Hopefully once this is all done I will FINALLY be pain-free for the first time since transplant.
 
There is one unsung hero in all this who I have neglected to mention until now, and that’s Rivka Sara Beck. Ever since I was hospitalized in December she has made sure that I have food every Shabbos, sometimes picking up food from other people, and usually making it herself. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful friends and am endlessly grateful for everyone’s support!
 
I’m definitely looking forward to having a very low-key Shabbos and continuing to recover in the comfort of my own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment